Thursday, March 15, 2012

The People of Hopewood - Meet Val


Meet Val
Val has studied spiritual healing and yoga, qualifying as both a Hatha Yoga and an Ashtanga Yoga teacher. Val is also a qualified staff trainer, has qualified in Hypnotherapy and Time Line Therapy and is a Master Practitioner of NLP. With 20 years experience in the health industry, Val incorporates all her wide variety of knowledge into the various interesting and insightful workshops and counselling and stress management sessions which she facilitates at Hopewood.

How long have you been working at Hopewood?
20 years

Tell us a little bit about your role/job at Hopewood?
I teach yoga, meditation and relaxation.  I also do stress management, visualisation and life coaching sessions.

What do you enjoy most about working at Hopewood?
Everything!  Interacting with staff and guests is my favourite part of every day.  I love being a part of such a wonderful retreat and I love taking advantage of all the healthy food that John cooks!

Do you have any tips for how you take care of your own personal health and wellbeing?
I think it is important to aim for creating balance in my life.  All of the advice that I give guests, I use myself.  I always try to “walk my talk” by living a healthy lifestyle.

What is your favourite memory of Hopewood?
I always enjoy facilitating staff training.  It is so rewarding to teach our new employees and watch them grow.

What is your best piece of advice for healthy living?
Love greatly, laugh a lot and keep in mind that life is short and precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment